We are working to develop paediatric oncology social work as a specialism in Vietnam and to continue with a Training of Trainers Psychosocial Support programme for Healthcare Professionals
are expected to develop cancer worldwide each year
population of under-18s in Vietnam
- Hue Central Hospital, Hue
- Vietnam Palliative Health Care Society, Ho Chi Minh City
- City Children’s Hospital, Ho Chi Minh City
- National Children’s Hospital, Hanoi
Megan Cruise – Psychosocial Support Advisor
We know that the most vulnerable families are much more likely to abandon treatment, for economic and cultural reasons.
- Treatment abandonment rates are high
- Children from the most vulnerable population are underserved and less likely to reach the appropriate care
- Lack of psychologists and social workers to provide specialist support to families who have a child with cancer
Will you join us?
Together we can close the gap in childhood cancer care.